Challenge Accepted.

By 16:56 , ,

So my lovable compadre, the awesome that is Moth has set me to task yet again. He has inadvertently pit two of my most beloved things against each other, namely my deeply rooted affection for fine green herb and, well… him. Okay, at least in my realm of thought this is how the following challenge is laid before me.

Challenge:

If I do not post something new on this here “revered” blog….within two days, before a very particular time of eighteen hundred hours- forty five minutes; I, Charlie Sunshine will hereby be subject to the most inhumane, slendiferously soul annihilating penalty of having my ganja privileges suspended until said new post is available for public consumption.


Personally, I think it’s a bit harsh. Secretly, I tip my imaginary hat and smile at this smarty pantsance spouse of mine. I see what you did there. So, here’s to trying my best. Yes, my inconsistent ass sometimes needs some firm guidance (ironically mentioned in previous posts) or how he terms it as “spirited encouragement”, but this, by no means imaginable can be touted as my support for the prohibition of cannabis.


Although I may not be deemed the most vocal proponent for cannabis, I am a proponent none the less. I intellectually understand all the benefits in both spheres of health and economics and I spiritually recognize the positive effects it has on my state of being.



Besides, I hate losing bets and I hate anything that could remotely be construed as punishment.  It came to me one night when I was obscurely thinking of star signs (I am a Gemini, who woulda thunk …) and I realised that although my attention span is as intermittent as my internet connection at work  (a trait any not-so proud Gemini can confirm), during those few seconds of undivided attention my brain has the (alleged) capacity to expend an insane amount of energy concentrating on the subject. That’s my version, nay, justification for being so scattered and inconsistent. And, that my friend, sounds like SOUND logic. My plan is to try and harness this fleeting ability and win the day, save the princess and return the ring to mount Doom, bong intact.


I pledge allegiance to my bong, to being consistent and to incorporating flossing as part of my daily dental regimen (might as well while I’m at it). Disappointment is not an emotion I’d like to bestow on him anyway, more than that I welcome the notion of Rising to the Challenge and Instilling Pride. Besides we recently procured a now cherished percolator that has obliterated the both of us and sent us lovingly off to sleep for the past few days.


 I’m surprisingly mute when it comes to discussing the societal and political aspects surrounding boom, it’s like discussing religion…or (trance) music. Severely personal. Too often I see people becoming completely absorbed in a “one hit wonder topic”, when its aaaaaalllllllll they talk about. I’m sure you’ve had an incident when someone excitedly explains the Law of Attraction to you over, and over, and over again.

Yes, I get it.…


Yes……


Yes, I know this.


The same concept applies to friends who incessantly post pictures of their new born on the book of faces. 



Yes, I know you have a baby…


Yes, I recognise that your baby looks fetching in a variety of outfits, in a spectrum of colours. It is acknowledged…


Yes, I am sure I want to delete you from facebook…


Delete.

Yoh, but I do love me some ganja…and I totally love me some happy go-lucky Moth. And if I can instigate a move where I have the best of both worlds, then why not? I’m coloured after all, I’m genetically programmed to mission. Organise, organise. Besides, there is potentially more content for me to inflict on you. No pressure.

You Might Also Like

0 comments