"Can I have a moment of your time to talk to you about...

By 18:11 ,

Those words alone often illicit a soulful response of utter dread. I'm particularly ambiguous about religion and still ginometers (ginormous kilommeters-stay with me friends) away from cracking any sort of code. As an alternate I like to believe in the notion of faith instead of the man-made construct of religion.

I think religious beliefs or spirituality is just another amazing flavour that puts a twist on the human condition, if it works for you, offers you comfort and makes you totally happy -then own that shit! In my personal arena I'd like to believe that I'm mucho  tolerant.

I've paused on an already interrupted journey trying to figure out who's who in the zoo and I've been fortunate enough to meet some amazing people, solid in their faith- from theologians with Phd's to single mom's making miracles happen. I've noticed that the  common thread that binds these great minds together is their infallible tolerance towards others and their quiet resolve.

So as the sun sets and many prepare to break their fast for the first time this Ramadan, I'd like to wish everyone- muslim, jew and gentile a blessed, introspective and peaceful month ahead!

Let's live a little more, love a little more, be more tolerant and patient. After all it is the first, with a clean slate for the month and all and a firm promise from me never to take a moment of your time to speak to you about...

You Might Also Like

1 comments